Painting Workshop with Group Coaching
Nov 1, 2021 – April 30, 2022
Become a stronger painter by learning painting fundamentals and getting live support and coaching when you need it. With weekly zoom Q&A and paint-together times (usually on Saturdays from noon-1:30 PM CST), you’ll be able to get answers to all your
You’ll love it. Guaranteed. If you do not love the class, just let me know within seven days of start for a no-hassle refund.
- Drawing / Getting a great start
- Understanding Composition
- Accurate Value and Value Choices
- Color Mixing
- Color Themes
- Atmospheric Effect Simplified
- Painterly Brush Strokes
What You’ll Get
- Weekly zoom office hours & painting together time. Saturday from noon-1:30 (occasionally on a weekday evening if there’s a scheduling conflict). Join by zoom to ask any art questions, and paint together.
These are informal, unstructured get-togethers. Feel free to stop in for a few minutes or stay the whole time. This time is for you.
If you have questions, bring them. If you would like any refreshers on the workshop content, come ask. If you’d like to paint together, bring the painting you are working on and let’s paint together. If you want to paint but are not currently working on a painting, I’ll have some source material available (not a paint-along, but shared studio time). Or just come visit.
- Anytime access to recordings of the lessons.
- Anytime access to 6 full-length painting demonstration videos.
- You can email me with questions about the lessons or to request critiques or feedback.
What students say about this small group workshop
“Your Zoom classes have been making an online painting class feel very much like a live classroom experience. I have enjoyed painting with you and I feel like I’m learning more all the time! Thank you!”K. Clark
“I really love the classes. You’re a great teacher and you make it fun!”Hattie
“I’ve been painting every week because of this!”Sue
“I can’t tell you how excited I am to find you and finally make a decision to paint again. I have been in my oil paint four days in a row. Saturday was so fun. I loved painting with a limited palette. That was an eye opener. […] I do believe with some guidance I can achieve what my mind envisions.Sincerely, Anne Marie”
“I have enjoyed your online lessons….. You are a very talented artist and I’ve enjoyed ‘meeting’ you!”Shelley P
For most demos I will use the following oil paint colors. I encourage substitutions, and you are welcome to contact me with any questions or to request a lesson on setting up to paint.
- Titanium White
- Cad Yellow Medium (hue or cadmium free are great)
- Cad Red Medium (hue or cadmium free are great)
- Permanent Alizarin Crimson or Rose Matter Hue
- Ultramarine Blue
- Manganeese Blue or Cerulean Blue
- During the color mixing lessons we will also explore using
- Ivory Black
- Yellow Ochre
- and Thalo blue
Are you ready to join this great class?
Painting Workshop with Group Coaching, for Artists
Nov 2021 – April 2022
5-MONTH PAINTING WORKSHOP
You’ll love it. Guaranteed. If you do not love the class, just let me know within seven days for a no-hassle refund.
Want to meet me before joining the workshop? Email me for access to a demo lesson, or to set up a free 15 minute phone call or zoom chat.